Almond London Cookies are unique and delicious biscuits that come in 3 parts: chocolate, almond, and cookie. Contrary to popular belief, it is not originated from London. It consists of an almond with a chocolate-coated biscuit around it. The cookies are often served during the festive seasons in Malaysia. Here we have prepared the recipe of Almond London Cookies. Let’s check it out!
Recipe of Almond London Cookies:
- 600g of icing sugar
- 125g of unsalted butter, softened
- 200g of plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g of nestum
- 25g of rice flour
- 200g of whole toasted almonds
- 400g of dark chocolate (for coating)
- 100g of chopped almond nuts
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Prepare a medium-sized bowl. Sift the rice flour and plain flour into the bowl. Add in the nestum then set the mixture aside.
- Place the butter and sugar into a mixer (can be either a hand mixer or a stand mixer). Using a K beater, beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until it turns fluffy and pale.
- Add in the egg yolk and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour mixture in two parts. Mix well after each addition. You should now have a cohesive dough.
- Pinch a small piece of dough (6 g) and slightly flatten the dough. Wrap the dough around the almond, forming a cylinder or a round ball. Repeat this step until all the dough pieces are used up.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with a baking paper, Place the dough pieces on the tray.
- Next, bake the dough pieces in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until the colour turns slightly golden. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, put each of the cookies in a small paper case.
- For the coating, melt the chocolate in a microwave or a double-boiler (30 seconds, 2-3 times).
- Spoon the melted chocolate with a teaspoon over each cookie.
- Place the cookies into the fridge for 10 minutes for the chocolates to set. Then, sprinkle some chopped nuts on the top of each cookie.
There you have it, the recipe of Almond London Cookies. You can also discover more food choices on foodpanda, with just a few clicks to order and your food will be delivered right at your doorstep! Enjoy making desserts? Check out the recipe of mint chocolate!