The delicious sandwich subs called Meatball Marinara Melt comes with dripping marinara sauce, mozzarella and parmesan with any meat of your choice. The dish is low in calories, and it is very nutritious for those who are health-conscious.
For those that are looking for something easy to prepare, the Meatball Marinara Melt is your best bet! The dish can be quick to cook, or it may be tedious work. If you are making the dish from scratch, it may take up to 50 minutes to complete.
However, if you purchase ready-made ingredients, then the dish will require around 5 minutes to make.
What is Meatball Marinara Melt?
The speciality of the Meatball Marinara Melt comes from the delicious marinara sauce that will drip along the sides of the sandwich. The dish is made with bread rolls, parmesan, mozzarella and also a wide variety of meat can be used to create the dish.
There is a wide variety of meat that can be used in the sandwich, such as beef, pork and chicken.
How to Make Your Own Homemade Meatball Marinara Melt
Homemade Meatball Marinara Melt can be made at home. The star of the dish is made by mixing minced pork, minced beef, garlic, parmesan and onion to create the meatballs. The marinara sauce is made by adding sliced garlic in a pan and followed by some chilli flakes and sugar.
Lastly, arrange the meatballs along with the toasted sub rolls and then add some marinara sauce and grated mozzarella on top of it. Heat the dish and allow the mozzarella to melt. The total time needed to make the Meatball Marinara Melt is around 50 minutes.
Tips and Tricks to Make Meatball Marinara Melt
- Homemade Meatball Marinara Melt can be made using readymade meatballs. Before cooking the meatballs, ensure that all of the meatballs are properly thawed out, either in a microwave or on top of a stove.
- The meatballs can be cut into half or be kept as a whole in the sub rolls.
- If you are unsure with the amount of cheese to be placed on the sub, you can unload enough cheese to cover the meatballs before toasting.
- Pair the dish with a delectable salad or even seasoned vegetables for a nutritious and healthy meal.
- The best kind of sub rolls to be used are French bread or even Italian-style bread rolls to create the delicious dish. Anything available in the house can also be used.
- The meatball sub can be baked by placing it on a sheet tray so that it can be cooked properly and the cheese melts.
- For a different experience, you can make the bread softer by wrapping it with tin foil before baking the bread. The dough will still be smooth, and the cheese will also be melted for your consumption.
Nutritional Value of Meatball Marinara Melt
The total calorific value of the Meatball Marinara Melt is up to 400 calories, depending on the meat chosen. The dish is high in carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Carbohydrates are generally present in the sub rolls used in the recipe.
Carbohydrate acts as the fuel for the organs in the body and also enables fat metabolism. The high protein contents can be found in the meat, parmesan and mozzarella.
Protein is vital for building muscles and also help with the metabolism of the body. There are other nutrients present in the dish which includes Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron.
Where to find Meatball Marinara Melt in Malaysia
Need something to fill your belly during lunchtime? Check out the restaurant Subway (Anywhere in Klang Valley) to taste the delectable sandwich. Find more Fast Food cuisine on foodpanda!