Thai Style BBQ Beef Striploin is the perfect dish for meat-lovers that enjoys a good ole’ steak but with a Thai twist to it. The dish features marinated steak with some fresh salad at the side, topped with some delicious peanut dressing. The blend of the Thai style flavours with steak and salad makes a perfect meal that can be enjoyed by just about anybody.
The steak is marinated with Thai-style herbs that have various flavours – sweet, salty, sour and spicy. The calories present in the dish is about 400 calories, and you can increase your protein intake by adding more meat (like beef) into the dish.
The dish is simple to cook, and it does not require much experience to make it, but it does require about an entire day to make it. The end result of the dish is a cheap meal compared to getting a takeaway from outside at a restaurant.
What is Thai Style BBQ Beef Striploin?
The Thai Style BBQ Beef Striploin is a blend of the Western BBQ Beef Striploin with the flavours from Thai cuisine. Thai cuisine lovers will enjoy the dish as it features a mixture of flavours that is well-known within Thai cuisine – sweet, salty, sour and spicy.
The BBQ Beef Striploin is first made by placing the beef in an airtight dish and set aside. Then, all of the marinade ingredients are mixed in a large bowl. Season the marinade with some salt and pepper.
Pour the marinade and mix it well with the beef. Place the beef in the marinade in an airtight seal bag or container in the refrigerator and leave it overnight. Occasionally, shake the dish to allow the marinade to be absorbed evenly into the meat. Once you are ready to cook the beef, remove the marinated beef at least 30 minutes before to bring the meat to room temperature.
Cook the meat above medium heat in a large cast-iron skillet with some olive oil. Cook the meat until it has achieved the desired doneness and then proceed to cover it with aluminium foil. Leave it for a bit before serving it fresh and warm. The salad is made by putting together different vegetables that are well chopped and sliced together and tossed with dressings, chopped peanuts and herbs.
Tips and Tricks on Making the Best Thai Style BBQ Beef Striploin
- Feel free to use any vegetables that you enjoy to make the salad.
- Explore a wide variety of Thai spices, herbs and sauces that will enhance the flavours of the dish.
- The dish can be served with steamed rice or sticky rice for a more carb-filled and delicious meal.
- Spice up the salad with some sawtooth coriander, which is a kind of Thai fresh herb.
- People who are conscious about gluten can opt for more gluten-free ingredients, such as gluten-free oyster and soy sauce.
- Be explorative when it comes to the marinade of the beef. You may use different combinations of ingredients, such as soy and sake-marinade or even garlic and five-spice.
Where to find Thai Style BBQ Beef Striploin in Malaysia
Looking for something savoury to indulge in? Check out STREAT Thai (Petaling Jaya, Bangsar South or even Tesco Kepong) for some delicious BBQ Beef Striploin!
Find more Thai cuisine on foodpanda!