Dodol is a sweet and sticky treat which is generally loved by most Malaysians, especially the older ones. This dessert is mainly popular in Southeast Asia and South Asia. The dark and chewy texture is mostly based on palm sugar, coconut milk and glutinous rice flour. Not to mention, the recipe for a homemade dodol is also very simple!
It is very easy to make this sweet, and you will usually see them during festive seasons. Speaking of which, Raya is here, and dodol should be one of your go-to sweets that you should not miss. Thus, here in foodpanda, we’ve prepared a recipe for it, specially for all of you! Without further ado, follow this recipe to make yourself a dodol!
- 75g palm sugar
- 150g coconut milk
- 75g glutinous rice flour
- 50g water
- 30g coconut oil
- Cut the small chunks of palm sugar using a cleaver to break down the sugar block. Then, set aside.
- Later, mix the palm sugar, water and coconut milk and stir well to dissolve the palm sugar.
- Add oil and glutinous rice flour to the mixture and mix well. Eliminate any lumps if there is with a whisk.
- Then, stir constantly over medium-low heat until it is thoroughly cooked. The paste will turn firm and shiny.
- Later, set the mixture aside to cool down. Then, for storage purposes, wrap the dodol with cling wrap and keep refrigerated.
- When it is ready to be served, take the dodol out of the refrigerator and cut them into small pieces for your guests to enjoy.
Voila! There you have it, folks. A simple recipe for a delicious homemade dodol. If you liked this recipe, check out our other recipes on foodpanda Magazine.