Kueh semprit is a popular Malay cookie that is made with butter, flour, and sugar. It is typically shaped into small flowers and baked until golden brown. Kueh semprit can be filled with a variety of fillings, such as kaya jam, coconut jam, or chocolate ganache.
This recipe for kueh semprit with durian filling is a delicious and unique twist on the classic cookie. The durian filling adds a rich and flavorful creaminess to the kueh semprit.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup durian puree
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk.
- Gradually add the flour and salt, mixing until just combined.
- Divide the dough in half.
- To one half of the dough, add the durian puree and mix well.
- Shape the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place the balls of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, press down on the centre of each ball of dough to create a flower shape.
- Bake the kueh semprit in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Let the kueh semprit cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- If the durian puree is too thick, you can thin it out with a little bit of milk or water.
- If you don’t have a flower-shaped cookie press, you can use a regular fork to press down on the centre of each ball of dough.
- Be careful not to overbake the kueh semprit, or they will become dry and hard.
- Kueh semprit can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: If you are unable to find durian puree, you can make your own by blending fresh durian flesh until smooth.
Missing some ingredients? Let foodpanda take care of that! Check out our grocery delivery service and get all the ingredients for Kueh semprit delivered to you. Enjoy!