Wondering how and what to surprise your significant other for Valentine’s day? Nothing more signifies a gift from the heart by surprising him/her with a delicious candlelight dinner for two. This spaghetti carbonara recipe needs only simple ingredients you could probably find at the back of your kitchen cabinet. What’s more, is that it only takes about 20 minutes to make! Also, if you can’t cook more, satisfy your lover with this dish for your last minute Valentine’s dinner.
The bacon adds a salty and crunchy texture to the dish, and tossing the spaghetti into the remaining bacon fat adds a touch of smokiness. This creamy and delicious carbonara is the perfect dish to celebrate the love you have for one another.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 226g spaghetti
- 8 slices of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Fresh parsley (chopped)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Start by boiling the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions or until al dente. Then, drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and grated Parmesan until fully combined.
- Cook the bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat for about 7 – 8 minutes, or until crispy. Reserve the bacon fat in the pan and transfer the bacon slices onto a paper towel to drain.
- In the same sauté pan, add in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Then, add in the cooked spaghetti and toss until it is fully coated with the bacon fat.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the egg and cheese mixture. Stir vigorously until the spaghetti is fully coated and creamy. If necessary, add in the pasta water a couple of tablespoons at a time to loosen the sauce.
- Season the salt and pepper and add in the cooked bacon.
- Drizzle the spaghetti with some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle the fresh parsley. For a touch of spice, sprinkle in some chilli flakes. Enjoy!
Even if it is your last minute Valentine’s dinner, we got you covered! Discover more food options and order other snacks or drinks to go with your meal using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep. Also, explore more romantic dinner places in KL.