On this glorious day, let us rejoice and celebrate National Fast Food Day. November 16 was selected as the National Fast Food Day so people can appreciate all fast food around the world. You can consider today to be your cheat day.
Fast food is the dish for your breakfast, lunch, teatime, dinner, supper and even snacks. People enjoy eating fast food everywhere and anywhere. You can have your fast food in takeout or dine in.
You have no time to go out? You have no idea what to eat? Do you have no time for yourself? Worry not, fast food is at your service.
History of Fast Food
Fast food was first invented in Britain. In the 1860s a fast-food restaurant introduced a ready-cooked fish and chip to ease the busy working people who barely have time to eat. The speedy service provided by the restaurants were adequately approved and loved by the people.
The idea of providing a speedy service was widely received by many. The average preparation of a proper meal may take up an hour, while fast food only takes up to 5 minutes top.
More fast food was produced due to overwhelming demands and requests. People started to invent pizza, sandwiches, French fries, hamburgers, and more ready-cooked food to cater to people’s demands.
Eating out was considered a luxury back in the 1800s. Today, eating fast-food is a norm that comes with affordable price and speedy service. People get to taste all sorts of food from different parts of the world.
Types of Fast Food
There are varieties of fast food that are only one click away from us. Listed below are some of the fast-food that can make you drool with only the thought of it.
- Quarter Pounder
Everyone’s sweetheart. This hearty hamburger is irresistible; even the visual of the hamburger can one-blow you away. Quarter pounder can be ordered from McDonald’s with a large cup of carbonated drink and a stack of French fries.
Seafood, chicken, greens, meat, eggs, and cheese, all of these can be found in single sushi. Every sushi has its unique taste and flavour. The fresh feeling from eating the cold-sushi will never leave you alone. Sushi can be ordered from Sushi King, Sushi Q and Sakae Sushi.
This Mexican food is at the top of the chain. No one can beat the rich fillings of each pizza. The Mexican in you will be awakened and will go Jarabe Tapatío. Pizza can be ordered from Pizza Hut, Domino’s Pizza, Vivo Pizza, Santino’s Pizza and Mikey’s Original New York.
- Fried chicken
This is no room for people who do not eat chicken. Chicken is the key to a happy life. Trust me, people who eat chicken together stays together. The crunchy and crispy fried chicken can make your heart skips a beat. Fried chicken be ordered from KFC, Arin Fried Chicken, Familia Fried Chicken and Lim Fried Chicken.
How to Celebrate National Fast Food Day?
Mark November 16 on your calendar and celebrate National Fast Food Day every year. The perfect day to embrace fast food all around the world. National Fast Food Day can be observed by making your favourite fast food and sharing them with people around you. Here is the simple recipe for making classic pizza:
- 3 cups of warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 7 cups of all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup of semolina flour
（Toppings; tomato sauce）
- Fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
（Topping; tomato sauce）
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Mix the salts and tomato puree and the fresh tomatoes altogether using a blender.
- Once the mixtures are smooth, let sit the mixture for a minute.
- Sprinkle the sugar on yeast.
- Put some warm water over the yeast.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes until bubbles surface.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a hole at the centre of the yeast and add some olive oil.
- Mix the mixtures until it turns shaggy.
- Once hydrated, knead the dough for 15 minutes.
- Spread olive oil onto a large bowl.
- Put the dough inside the oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let sit the dough for several hours.
- Flour a surface.
- Knead the dough on the floured surface 2 minutes.
- Cut the dough into an equal proportion and round-shape the dough.
- Flour the dough and let it sits for 30 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250’C.
- Place a pizza on a suitable flat tray.
- Heat the pizza.
- Pour in the tomato sauce on top of the baked pizza.
- Sprinkle some semolina on top of the pizza.
- Add in any of your desirable sauce and condiments.
Now, the classic pizza can be enjoyed and shared with everyone around you. Happy National Fast food Day!
Visit foodpanda to know more about various dishes and food holidays.