This Spanish dish is a cold soup made up of blended raw vegetables, olive oil, garlic, vinegar and is thickened with bread or bread crumbs. The dish has since spread across to globe to different regions. Thus, there are many different variations to the classic dish and here are some listed below:
- Classic Gazpacho
Classic Gazpacho is the original recipe with soaked bread inside the soup. You can even use leftover bread to add into the soup. This helps to prevent wasting of food.
- California Dreaming
California dreaming is very similar to the Classic Gazpacho but with a little twist where corn kernels and garnished toasted pine nuts with slices of avocado are added to the soup.
- Mango Gazpacho
Mango Gazpacho is mango-based soup added with jalapeno and garlic. The soup is sweet and spicy with the jalapenos giving it that extra “oomph” factor.
- Chilled Mango Gazpacho
Chilled mango gazpacho is similar to mango gazpacho except with added ingredients of ginger and red curry powder mixed to give a vibrant and Asian twist.
- Green Gazpacho with Crab
This green Gazpacho is a blend of vegetables such as cucumber, lettuce, bell pepper and onions. The mixture is added with vinegar, lime juice, garlic and salt and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil for the finishing touch before topping the puree with some lettuce and crab meat.
- Watermelon Gazpacho
This fresh and refreshing twist to Gazpacho is the perfect dish for a hot summer. The sweet soup drizzled with olive oil and a great match with barbecue or grilled food.
How to Celebrate National Gazpacho Day
Celebrate this unique day by trying your hand at making gazpacho at home. Here is a simple recipe for a refreshing Watermelon Gazpacho:
- 2 kg of watermelon (chunked)
- 1 ½ cubes of ice
- ¾ blanched almonds
- Three cloves of garlic (chopped)
- Eight slices of white bread (torn into pieces)
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of grounded salt
- Grounded black pepper
- ¼ cup of extra virgin oil
- Take a cup of watermelon and cut into small cubes.
- Puree the remaining watermelon with a blender and sieve into a bowl. Press solid parts and discard seeds from the puree.
- Put the sieved puree into a blender and slowly blend with ice, almonds and garlic until the mixture is smooth.
- Put bread, vinegar, salt and pepper into mixture and blend one more time until smooth. Slowly add oil during the process.
- Put the blended ingredients in a bowl top with diced watermelon and drizzle extra virgin oil for finishing.
Happy Gazpacho Day! Mark it on your calendar and get ready to relax with the delicious gazpachos!
Visit foodpanda for more food options and get them delivered right to you.