November 11th is the day we happily celebrate National Sundae Day and appreciate this mouth-watering dessert. Sundae is one of the best desert to be shared around in hot weather.
Often enjoyed after-meal to cleanse the palate, the delicious taste of sundae that matches the beautiful visuals can one-blow you away. The sauce and topping on the sundae will melt in your mouth and melt your heart.
History of Sundae
Sundae is originally from Illinois, United States. It was said to be the variation of ice cream soda, topped with soda syrup. In 1800s people of Illinois were banned from drinking soda on Sundays as they were claimed to be too frilly.
The sundae was created as an alternative to soda. Ice cream sundae then became the must-eat dessert on Sundays in the 1900s. People started to name this dessert ‘sundae’ as for it was the Sunday-dessert for them. People slowly enjoy eating sundae every day with various toppings and syrups.
Types of Sundae
These are among the best sundae in town that you can order from McDonald’s. McDonald’s serves the best sundae to cleanse your palate in the hot weather and here are some of their best sundaes to date:
- Strawberry Sundae
- Chocolate Sundae
- Salted Caramel Sundae
- Sundae Cone
- Chocodip Sundae
How to Celebrate National Sundae Day
If you would like to appreciate sundae all around the world by celebrating National Sundae Day, you should prepare sundae and share it with everyone around you today. Here is the recipe for making a sweet and delicious strawberry sundae using no machine:
- High-fat whipping cream
- Cold-condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Strawberry syrup
- Whip the high-fat cold cream until it becomes soft for 3 minutes.
- Continue to whip it until it thickens.
- Add the condensed milk into the mixture.
- Whip the sundae mixture until it becomes stiff and firmer.
- Add vanilla extract to make your sundae becomes softer and smoother to scoop.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture into an ice cream container.
- Freeze the sundae mixture overnight or at least 6 hours before eating.
- Sauce your sundae with your strawberry syrup.
If you are not a fan of a dairy sundae, worry not, here is a recipe of making a dairy-free sundae for your sweet tooth:
- Three cans of full-fat coconut milk
- Vanilla extract
- Chill the three cans of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight for at least 6 hours.
- Pour one can of the coconut milk into a saucepan.
- Add sugar into the saucepan and stir the coconut milk until it thickens for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan of coconut milk mixture from the heat and let it cool.
- Whip the other two cans of chilled coconut milk until it becomes fluffier for 3 minutes.
- Add in the condensed coconut milk and whip the mixture for three more minutes.
- Transfer the whipped mixture into an ice cream container.
- Freeze the mixture overnight for 4 hours.
Dairy-free sundae freezes harder than dairy ice cream, so make sure to let it chill at room temperature first before eating. Now, the dairy-free sundae can be enjoyed and shared with everyone around you.
Celebrate National Sundae Day today with your homies. Happy National Sundae Day!
Visit foodpanda to know more about various dishes and food events and holidays.