National Vanilla Cupcake Day
Let us gather around and celebrate our National Vanilla Cupcake Day (10 November 2019). A day to appreciate our beloved vanilla cupcake. Vanilla cupcake is commonly favoured by those who have a sweet tooth. From birthday parties, dinner date to social gatherings, they are an absolute favourite and irresistible.
History of Vanilla Cupcake
The earliest mention of the cupcake was in 1796, a recipe notation written on a recipe book called American Cookery by Amelia Simmons. This book mentioned about a light cake that was baked in small cups. During that time, cupcakes were baked in large pottery cups, but today, bakers use individual ramekins, coffee mugs, cups or ovenproof-pottery dishes for baking their cakes. The original cupcake is traditionally small and has no toppings and icing to flavour the cupcake. During that time, it was also known as 1234 cakes as it was only made of four ingredients, namely butter, sugar, flour and eggs.
Benefits of Vanilla Cupcake
Vanilla cupcakes bring more benefits to you more than you can imagine. Listed below are several benefits of eating a vanilla cupcake:
- Source of energy
Vanilla cupcake is a good source of carbohydrate, providing enough energy for your whole body, including muscles, brain and nervous system.
- Good for bodybuilding and immune system
The milk and eggs in the ingredients provide a good amount of protein to your entire body. The calcium in the milk is also essential to strengthen your bones.
- Improve the digestive system
Vanilla cupcakes are often decorated with fruits like berries and apples, which is a good source of fibre that aids digestion and vitamins which are essential for important functions in our body.
How to Celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake Day
National Vanilla Cupcake Day can be celebrated by enjoying a cute little vanilla cupcake. If you are not in the mood to bake, you can always order from one of the listed cafés below. All of these cafés serve the best vanilla cupcake in town for you and your loved ones.
If you feel like baking, you can celebrate today by trying this simple recipe of vanilla cupcakes.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sour cream
(For the vanilla frosting)
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- Confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
(For the cupcake)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a dozen of muffin pan using cupcake liners
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt all together
- Beat the butter and sugar until it becomes lighter and fluffy.
- Add two eggs and the vanilla extract inside the mixture and stir it.
- Add sour cream and mix it until it is well-combined.
- Slowly add the remaining of the ingredients and mix them all.
- Scoop the batter and put it onto the cupcake liners.
- Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes with 350F.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for some times.
- Remove all the cupcake from the pan and transfer it into a more suitable rack to cool off the cupcake.
(For the frosting)
- Using a mixer, beat the butter until it becomes smooth.
- Add in the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract and mix them until they become well-combined.
- Slowly add in the heavy cream and mix it for some times until the frosting becomes smooth and well-combined.
- The frosting is now ready to be used to frost the cooled cupcakes.
Now, a dozen vanilla cupcakes are ready to be served and enjoyed with your loved ones. Appreciate the vanilla cupcake and people around you by celebrating National Vanilla Cupcake with them. With that, Happy National Vanilla Cupcake Day!
Visit foodpanda to know more about various dishes and food events and holidays.
Article Written By Marcovy
Marcovy is a passionate writer who thinks life is about living to eat and enjoying it to the fullest. He wanted to explore the restaurants around Malaysia and the idea of documenting those food experiences was what inspired him to start writing food blog.