Popular Christmas Cocktails
Oh, it’s never too early to start preparing for Christmas! Once Halloween and Thanksgiving are over, make way for the tree and twinkling lights. No doubt, you’ll be busy shopping for the holidays for decorations, food and gifts!
With that said, if you’re having a Christmas party or just having some friends and family over, you shouldn’t forget to prepare some refreshments. While juices and soda are excellent, cocktails and alcoholic punches do make gatherings more fun and relaxed. With alcohol and booze to keep the conversation going, you won’t have to worry about soothing the tense and quiet atmosphere.
Here’s what you should be drinking on this jolly holiday. Merry Christmas!
1. Christmas eggnog
You will never want to miss the special wintertime drink that is usually made once a year. Your Christmas won’t be complete without this ale-like drink. The creamy spiked mixture will make any grinch smile.
- Four eggs
- 1/3 cup of fine sugar
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of bourbon
- ¼ cup of cognac
- 1 tsp of grated nutmeg
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites in a different bowl. Whisk egg yolks on medium until the colour is a bit lighter.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup of sugar into the eggs yolk and keep beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Carefully mix cognac, milk, heavy cream, bourbon and nutmeg into the mixture. Keep stirring the mixture until it combines.
- Whisk the egg whites in another bowl at medium speed and add 1 tbsp of sugar until the mixture forms a stiff peak.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture and chill for 2 hours before serving.
2. Mulled wine
The lovely smell of pine mixed with wine brings back memories of family and Christmas. The spices in the drink give you a thrill and warm you up.
- Two bottles of dry red wine
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 pieces of star anises
- Three whole cloves
- Three cinnamon sticks
- One lemon (peeled)
- One orange (juiced and peeled)
- Grated nutmeg
- Cook the sugar, star anise, cloves, cinnamon sticks, lemon, orange and grated nutmeg over low heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Slowly add dry red wine into the mixture over low heat.
- Once done, remove the mixture from the heat and let it infuse and cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour the wine into a wine glass or mug slowly. Make sure you use the right glass so that you won’t burn your hand from the hot wine.
3. Salted Caramel White Russian
If you mix Kahlua with caramel vodka, you will get a delicious Salted Caramel White Russian. The taste is almost like a chocolate milkshake added with vodka.
- 30 ml of salted caramel coffee liquor Kahlua
- 60 ml of caramel vodka
- 30 ml of half-and-half cream
- Caramel sauce for garnish
- Pour Kahlua, caramel vodka and half-and-half cream in a shaker and stir with a spoon gently to mix the liquid.
- Drip caramel sauce on the side of the glass for presentation purposes.
- Add ¼ of ice into the glass and pour your luscious salted caramel cocktail into the glass.
4. White Christmas Martini
This adult version of white chocolate gives off a creamy texture. The rim of the glass is garnished with sugar that gives off that sparkles.
- 60 ml of vanilla vodka
- 60 ml of white chocolate liquor
- 30 ml of white crème de cacao
- 30 ml of half-and-half cream
- Honey and coarse sanding sugar to rim
- Put honey and sanding sugar in a separate bowl.
- Rim the edge of the glass with honey, then coated with sugar evenly
- Filled cocktail shaker with ice and add vanilla vodka, chocolate liquor, white cream de cacao and half-and-half cream altogether.
- Shake the cocktail vigorously and strain it into the rimmed glass.
- Your Christmas cocktails are ready on your table.
5. Jack Frost Cocktail
This beautiful holiday cocktail looks elegant with the tiffany blue colour that perfectly fits your holiday.
- Honey and flaked coconuts to the rim
- 8 cups of ice
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- ½ cup of blue curacao
- ½ cup of vodka
- ½ cup of cream of coconut
- Put honey and flaked coconuts in a different bowl
- Rim the edge of the glass with honey and coat evenly with flake coconut.
- Use blender that suitable to blend ice and mix of pineapple juice, blue curacao, vodka and coconut cream.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the blended ingredients, and now you can enjoy your Jack Frost cocktail right away.
6. Winter Margarita
A fancy twist to the usual margarita. This quick and straightforward drink is going to keep you warm and rock your day!
- 60 ml of reposado tequila
- 30 ml of lime juice
- 15 ml of cranberry juice
- 15 ml of spiced pear syrup
- Salt and chilli (mixture)
- Fresh cranberry and sliced pear (decoration)
- Rim glass with a mix of salt and chilli.
- By using a shaker, mix tequila, lime and cranberry juice and spiced pear syrup with ice.
- Carefully, shake the mixture well and pour into rimmed glass.
- Garnish your drink with fresh cranberry and sliced pear. Your glasses are ready and enjoy!
All you need is the right drinks to make yourself comfortable on Christmas eve while catching up with your friend and family. Enjoy the Christmas tunes and sparkling tree.
Scroll through foodpanda and explore more recipes to celebrate big festivals!
Article Written By Marcovy
Marcovy is a passionate writer who thinks life is about living to eat and enjoying it to the fullest. He wanted to explore the restaurants around Malaysia and the idea of documenting those food experiences was what inspired him to start writing food blog.