Café Americano is a diluted espresso in hot water. The Americans used to call it Italiano, which means a 1:1 ratio. 1 espresso and water shot. Americano can have different tastes based on the amount of shot of the espresso.
It might look easy to make, but it’s not. You need a few trials to get a perfect Americano. But once you perfected it, you are already halfway to heaven. The espresso that has been diluted slightly with water gives you the volume of drip but with espresso taste. Here are the steps of making café Americano.
- 14-18 grams’ espresso coffee beans
- Boiled water
- espresso machine
- Choose a perfect amount of beans for a double shot. Usually, the barista will use 14-18 grams of espresso coffee beans. For espresso, the fine ground will make your Americano tastier. (coarsely ground bean will turn your coffee to French press instead of Americano). Then, tamp the ground coffee and make sure it is compressed perfectly, not too loose or too packed.
- The most important step in having a successfully brewing bean is the port-filter part. Make sure the port-filter is exactly at its actual place on the brewing machine.
- Heat the water, and the water needs to be hot to make perfect Americano. If not, it will initiate the extraction of the coffee and your Americano will taste horrifying.
- Put the finely grounded coffee in a cup and pour the hot water over it.
- If you have the plunger, slowly plunging to the bottom but before that let your coffee steep for exactly 4 minutes. You will get the taste of perfect Americano from your house.
Start your day with the taste of real coffee. The aromatic smells can boost your mood and kickstart your day.
Visit foodpanda to learn more about other interesting recipes.