Got some overripe bananas? Try our recipe below and turn your overripe bananas into delicious banana bread! Banana bread has a light, sweet and moist texture that can be eaten for breakfast, dessert or even as a snack. You can add chocolate chunks, chocolate chips or some chopped walnuts for that added crunchiness.
This banana bread recipe should take you about 1 ½ hour to prep and bake with ingredients you would probably find in your kitchen cabinet or local supermarkets. Give it a go!
Banana Bread Ingredients (1 loaf):
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large overripe bananas (mashed)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to about 175⁰C. Grease or spray non-stick cooking spray to a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and brown sugar for about 4 minutes until the texture is light and fluffy. Then, add in the eggs, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix well and scrape down the sides of the bowl until the mix is fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until evenly mixed. Then, add in the chunks of chocolate.
- Lay the batter evenly on the loaf pan and bake at 175⁰C for about 1 hour. To test, insert a toothpick into the centre of the bread, and it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Gently remove the bread from the loaf pan and let it cool longer if needed. Enjoy!
Banana Bread Recipe
Easy peasy, isn’t it? If you want to know more about this popular sweet dish, you can read it on our website here.
You can also discover more food options and order using the foodpanda app! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.