This recipe for Basil Pesto Pasta with Smoked Chicken is an incredibly tasty and simple dish to make. It should take you about 10 minutes to prep and another 45 minutes of cooking time.
However, the results are definitely worthwhile! Therefore, if you’re searching for simple recipes to cook on a busy weeknight, then this dish is your answer.
For today’s recipe, we will be pairing your pesto and pasta with smoked chicken and cherry tomatoes as you can easily find these ingredients at your local grocers. However, you have the liberty to add or omit any ingredient you do not see fit or like to this recipe!
Therefore, without further ado, here’s a great recipe on how to make basil pesto pasta with smoked chicken.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- Pesto sauce:
- Fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- ¼ cup parmesan
- ½ cup olive oil
- 100g penne pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (slice into half)
- ½ cup smoked chicken
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- Bring the water to boil with some salt in a saucepan.
- Add the penne into the saucepan and cook according to the package. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Blend all the pesto sauce ingredients (except the olive oil) in a blender.
- Gradually add the olive oil a little at a time.
- Toss the pasta in the pesto sauce, along with smoked chicken and cherry tomatoes. Cook until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top and serve. Enjoy!
There you have it – a great recipe on basil pesto pasta with smoked chicken! If you liked this pasta dish, be sure to check out our Lamb Pasta recipe and a whole lot more on the foodpanda Magazine!
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.