Image Credit: flofoodventure
Also known as beef kwetiau, beef kueyteow soup is a Chinese Indonesian dish that is served either dry or with soup. The dish is made out of kuey teow – flat rice noodles, topped with beef slices and sometimes beef intestines. It is a common dish that is found in Southeast Asian countries, especially in Indonesia, where it is locally known as kwetiau sapi. The beef keuyteow soup recipe is usually passed down through generations in the family.
Technically, all kuey teow that is stir-fried with beef can be considered as beef kuey teow. Hence, there are various recipes of beef kuey teow that are available. However, the beef kueyteow soup recipe stands out among the other varieties, and has become a local preference amongst Malaysians.
Try-out our recipe at home to enjoy a bowl of beef kueyteow soup in no time!
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- 1 packet Fresh Kway Teow
- 1 kg meaty beef bones
- 160 g Sliced Beef
- 1 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp White Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Dried Shrimps (soaked & chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 120 g Carrot (chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (Fried)
- ½ cup Chinese Celery (minced)
- A few leaves romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 100 g Black Fungus (soaked & sliced)
- 100 g Bean Sprouts
- Blanch meaty beef bones for 10 minutes to remove impurities. Pour off water and rinse beef.
- Return to pot and add water until it covers the bones. Bring to a boil again, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 6 hours.
- Fry dried shrimps and garlic in oil for 1 minute, then add in black fungus and stir fry for another 20 seconds.
- Pour in simmered beef bones broth.
- Season the broth with fish sauce and sugar.
- Add in chopped Carrots.
- Turn off the heat and add in sliced beef.
- Place Kway Teow in a bowl.
- Pour soup with ingredients into the bowl and garnish with Chinese Celery and Bean sprouts.
Blanch the Kway Teow for 30 seconds for softer noodle texture.
Craving for a bowl of warm Beef Kueyteow Soup but hindered by a hectic work schedule? Order now from foodpanda to have your meal delivered to your doorstep, satisfying your craving without the hassle!