Recipe: Beef With Egg Rice Bowl
The beef with egg rice bowl is a dish that originated from Japan. It is a balanced dish filled with carbohydrates, proteins and fats. The serving contains about 400 calories, and it is quick to prepare and serve within 30 minutes.
The hot dish will provide comfort and warmth during cold weather or when you are feeling sickly.
Are you interested in tasting the delectable Beef with Egg Rice Bowl? Check out the recipe below to try making it yourself in the comforts of your home.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch (mixed with 2 tbsp of water)
- 2 pieces of scallions (chopped)
- Ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp of wine (Shaoxing wine)
- ½ tsp of sesame oil
- 2 ½ cups of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp of salt and sugar
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tsp of dark soy sauce
(For the beef)
- 230 g of beef (flank steak, sliced thinly)
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- Baking soda
- Slice the beef into thin pieces. Then coat the meat with the oil, light soy sauce, cornstarch and a pinch of baking soda. Then, allow the meat to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Place the wok above the heat and then add one tablespoon of oil, to be spread all over the wok. Once the wok has been heated, add some beef into the wok and move it around to allow it to spread evenly. Stir the meat and let it sear for about 30 seconds to allow it to cook evenly and accurately.
- Proceed to add some garlic and the white parts of the scallion into the wok. Allow the ingredients to stir-fry for a bit before adding wine. Proceed to let the mixture to cook for another 20 seconds.
- Carry on with cooking the dish by adding some chicken stock, salt, soy sauces, sugar, oyster sauce and fresh white pepper. Stir the ingredients and then bring the heat to a low boil.
- Add the cornstarch that has been mixed with plain water into the wok and then allow the sauce to simmer. Ensure that the consistency is thick by dipping a spoon into the wok and see it coated with the sauce.
- Add the beaten eggs into the wok and fold it by using the spatula. This allows the eggs to be cooked in ribbons.
- Add the remainder of the scallions and then carry on to fold the eggs for another 5 seconds.
- Serve the dish with a bowl of white rice.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.