Who would’ve ever thought chicken feet would taste amazing? Many people are taken back with the fact that there are people who eat chicken feet. They are cooked in quite some countries in the world, and one of them is Malaysia.
The best part about chicken feet is its unique texture, and it is rich in collagen, which is responsible for preventing your skin from sagging. It also helps with maintaining your skin’s clear complexion. On the other hand, it enhances the immune system by protecting the digestive tract, and it strengthens your bones due to its high calcium content.
The braised chicken feet is a widely known Chinese dish. The dish is effortless to prepare as it does not require many ingredients. If you have never tried making this dish, you can follow this simple recipe below:
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- 10 pieces of chicken feet
- 5 dried mushrooms halved and soaked in water
- 3 dried chillies
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 litres of chicken stock
- 5 slices of ginger
- 1 medium-sized cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- A small piece of liquorice
- 2 ½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of thick soy sauce
- small rock sugar cubes
- ½ tablespoon chicken stock powder
- Remove the claws and any dirt on the chicken feet. Cut the large bone off and divide the chicken’s palm into two.
- Pour enough water to boil in a large pot, add one cube of sugar — Cook the chicken feet for about 3-4 minutes. Then, drain out the water.
- Add two teaspoons of light soy sauce and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Fill a quarter of a wok with oil and heat with medium heat. Add the spices then chicken and fry it till golden brown. Also, make sure the fried chicken feet are dry enough.
- Transfer the feet into a bowl filled with iced water. Soak the chicken feet for about 4 hours.
- Mix the seasoning ingredients and the fried chicken with spices in a pan. Add some water into the pan and let it simmer the chicken feet with the sauce for 20 minutes. Then turn up the fire to condense the sauce.
- It is best to serve while hot.
Log on to foodpanda and order your favourite chicken feet dishes and have them delivered right at your doorstep.