Who doesn’t love a good old cup of coffee? From lattes, double shot expressos, to a steaming cup of cappuccino- we have a multitude of coffee types to choose from. In this day and age, most people can’t even function without their morning brew of coffee. A lot of us need the extra boost in energy to be able to kick start our day.
But nowadays, coffee isn’t as cheap as they used to be. We can never get an rm3 kopi from our closest Starbucks like we do our local kopitiams. Coffee prices are rising, and so is the case for the classic cappuccino.
Of all types of coffees, a steaming cup of cappuccino is amongst the most loved even amongst the most coffee drinking connoisseurs. So, the rise in prices comes as a tragedy.
But even amongst the most dedicated of coffee lovers, there’s always the misconception that a good cappuccino requires a lot of time, an expensive coffee machine, and obscure, exotic coffee beans to taste good when that isn’t the case.
Here, we give you a recipe that PROVES you don’t need an expensive coffee maker or exotic beans to make a good cup of cappuccino. It’s quick and easy, and not time-consuming at all!
- Instant Coffee
- Milk to taste
- Sealed container
- Kettle or pot
- Sugar to taste
- 1 cup of water
- Boil the water in a kettle or pot.
- Once boiled, mix the water with 1 or 2 spoons of instant coffee in a mug. Add your desired amount of sugar.
- Next, pour your desired amount of milk into a small pot and heat it until it starts to boil. Remove it from heat once it starts to boil, so that it bubbles and rises right after.
- Pour the milk into a sealable jar or container. Make sure the jar is big enough so that the milk only reaches halfway, maximum.
- Close the lid tight, and shake it for 20 seconds or until froth starts forming.
- Pour the liquid milk into your mug and mix well with your coffee.
- Scrape off some of the foam from the jar to top your cappuccino. Enjoy!
There you have it – a quick and easy cappuccino recipe for you to start your day! You know what they say: “As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?”
You can also check out our recipes for Thai Coffee and White Coffee, or even order some from your favourite cafe using the foodpanda app today! The foodpanda app offers a variety of cuisines and delivers straight to your doorstep.