If you’re planning to have some friends over, why not surprise them with a delicious serving of carrot walnut cake? We have searched, done all the work, and produced a great Recipe: Carrot Walnut Cake with an ultra-creamy cream cheese frosting made from scratch for your convenience. You can thank us later.
The recipe below allows for 2 carrot walnut cakes to be served, approximately around 10 slices. The total prepare and cooking time may take about 2 hours 23 minutes, but we promise you the effort is worth it! So head down to your grocer and get these items below to make a vibrant, moist and savoury carrot walnut cake.
Ingredients (10 slices):
- 3 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- ¾ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
Cream cheese frosting:
- 1 package of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- First, preheat the oven to 180⁰C. Meanwhile, spray two 9 – inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Carrot cake: Start by whisking together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a large mixing bowl. Gently mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract. Then, add in the grated carrots and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Later, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix with a rubber spatula.
- Next, separate and pour the cake batter evenly into both cake pans. Spread the surface to even the batter.
- Later, bake the cake batter at 180⁰C for about 30 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick into the centre of each cake, and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready to be taken out of the oven.
- Then, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Cream cheese: Use an electric mixer and beat the cream cheese until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Next, add in the melted butter and mix until it is well combined with the cream cheese. Then, add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- (Optional) level the top of each cake with a knife.
- Lastly, spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cakes. Decorate with more walnuts, if desired. Serve on a cake stand and enjoy!
If you love this Recipe: Carrot Walnut Cake, you can also check out our New York Cheesecake, or perhaps you would like to explore a traditional Chinese dish – Yam Cake. However, if you’re not one to bake, why not get some desserts from foodpanda instead! They offer a large selection of dessert restaurants for you to choose from and delivers everything straight to your doorstep.