This recipe takes veggie burgers to a whole other level! The cauliflower hummus burger is packed with nutrients, fiber-rich ingredients and immensely delicious. The recipe also showcases a relatively simple special sauce that will bring out the overall flavour of the burger.
This just may be your go-to recipe if you’re in need of a healthy fix. You only need 30 minutes to prepare this dish, with ingredients that are widely available at your local grocers.
Without further ado, here’s a delicious recipe on cauliflower hummus burger!
Ingredients (5 servings):
- Cauliflower Burger Patty:
- 5 burger buns
- 1 small head cauliflower (around 3 cups riced cauliflower)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Harissa spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup hummus of choice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- Special Green Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup basil
- ¾ cup of unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cauliflower burger patty: Divide the cauliflower into florets and further break it down into rice-sized pieces using a food processor.
- Cook the rice cauliflower with olive oil and dash of salt and pepper on a skillet on medium heat for around 5 minutes (until slightly softened).
- Transfer the cooked rice cauliflower to a bowl and further mix with the remaining patty ingredients (almond flour can be added if the mixture is too wet).
- Cover the bowl and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Special green sauce: Mix and combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor until a smooth and creamy consistency is achieved (gradually add in the cashew milk until you reach the desired consistency).
- Transfer the sauce into a bowl.
- Use a ½ measuring cup as the mould for the burger by filling in the burger mixture into the measuring cup, flip it over into your palm and transfer it onto a piece of parchment paper.
- On a medium heated skillet, add in 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil and pan-fry the burger patty until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer the cooked burger patty onto toasted bun, top it with the specialty green sauce and serve. Enjoy!
There you have it – a great recipe on Cauliflower Hummus Burger!
Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.