Chakri is represented as the current ruling royal house of Thailand, which allows the guest to experience the exquisite taste of Thai cuisine like royalty. This recipe is so unique as the fried chickens are served with the fried shallots and sticky rice, making the dish so marvellous.
- 1 ½ lb chicken wings
- Five cloves garlic
- 1-2 cilantro roots (chopped)
- ¼ tsp black & white peppercorns
- ¼ tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (for the best taste used “Healthy Boy Brand Mushroom Soy Sauce”)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup of water (ensure the chicken wet from washing)
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- ¼- ½ cup of rice flour
- Serving optional: sticky rice
- Lay the shallots first on the plate, sprinkle salt as much as you want and let it sit uncovered.
- For marinade, pound the garlic, cilantro roots, peppercorns into a fine paste. Then, transfer it into a container and mix well some salt, sugar, soy sauce and water. Add the chicken into the marinade for two hours while stirring the chicken a couple of times.
- While waiting for the chicken, take a piece of towel and press it onto the shallots to absorb all the water. Then, fry the shallots until they turn golden brown.
- Add ¼ rice flour on the chicken and stir until you have thin batter coating the chicken. Then you need to fry the chicken at 350 ˚F for 4-5 minutes or until it cooked through. Then, you are ready to serve your Chakri Fried Chicken with sticky rice and sprinkle with fried shallots.