Picture yourself at Thanksgiving dinner, where everyone would gather once a year, enjoying a scrumptious meal and taking time off to catch up with one another.Post-thanksgiving: you have a large portion of leftover turkey, and what are you to do with it? Throwing them out would be a waste, eating cold turkey for the next meal would be bland. Here’s something you could do with your leftover turkey meat to whip up a meal that is healthy and appetising!
As the title itself holds, Cheese Turkey Combo = Cheese + Turkey. A combination of these two ingredients can create a lot of dishes, e.g. cream cheese turkey salad, turkey cheese sandwiches, cheesy turkey gravy and etcetera.Nevertheless, here is an easy Cheese Turkey Combo Sandwiches recipe that can spark up some cooking ideas in your kitchen with turkey meat!
The Hot Turkey & Cheese Sandwich by divas can cook
Servings: 4 sandwich
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ½ of a small onion, diced
- ½ of a green bell pepper, diced
- 4-5 slices of bacon (pork/turkey), diced
- 200 g turkey meat, cut up (or freshly sliced from deli)
- 65 g mozzarella, can use more or less
- 65 g cheddar cheese, can use more or less
- Toasted sandwich bread (any kind)
- Lettuce, torn
- Tomato, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Mustard to taste
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- Dill pickle (on the side)
- Butter a frying pan or skillet over medium heat and add in the finely diced onions and green bell peppers. Simmer for about 2 minutes and then add in turkey bacon. **Alternatively, if you are using pork bacon, pre-cook the pork bacon first and sauté the other ingredients with bacon grease.
- Cook until bacon is fully cooked and green bell peppers are tender.
- If needed, drain out excess grease.
- Then, add in turkey meat to the pan. Stir in both cheddar and mozzarella cheese until everything is covered in cheesy goodness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and remove the Cheese Turkey Combo from the heat.
- Lightly butter the sandwich bread and toast them. Place a piece of the sandwich as a bottom piece and add on a generous amount of Cheese Turkey Combo. Top up with lettuces, tomatoes and avocados as desired. Spread on some mustard and mayonnaise on the other half of the sandwich bread and place on top to complete the sandwich!
- Add a dill pickle as a side (or just add it to your sandwich!).