An aglio olio is a traditional Italian pasta dish that uses basic ingredients like garlic, olive oil and pepper. It originated from the Naples.
Aglio olio is the best if you pair it with sunny side up eggs. You are sure to love this delicious dish. The combination elevates the pasta into an extraordinary dish. Without further ado, here’s the recipe for making Chicken Aglio Olio.
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 clove of garlic (sliced)
- 2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 200 g of spaghetti
- 20 g of parsley, (chopped)
- 30g Parmesan
- 200 g of chicken (small strip)
- Place the spaghetti in a pot of boiling water and add a pinch of salt and follow the instruction from the back of the packet.
- Put olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add sliced garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Then, put chilli flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Add sliced chicken and cook for 1 minute. Make sure to avoid overcooking the chicken.
- Take out about 100 ml of pasta water. Toss and drain the pasta and add into the skillet along with the cooked garlic.
- Pour olive oil on top of the spaghetti and keep mixing. Then, add on parmesan cheese and parsley. Keep stirring until all the ingredients combine and coat the spaghetti.
- Lastly, put the reserved pasta water and slowly pour to loosen up the pasta sauce. Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top to make a cheesy dish of aglio olio. And your simple delicious aglio is ready to eat. Enjoy!
Making this dish is so simple that you might find yourself making this every day. For an even better dish, you can give it an upgrade by adding some seafood like salmon and scallops. Visit foodpanda to explore more dishes for you to try!