When people open up a phrase with the words “Chicken Caesar…”, they usually end it with “salad”. But today, I’m presenting you the Chicken Caesar SANDWICH.
How many times have you looked at a salad and went, “man, I wish I found that appetising”? Well, I can’t really help you with that, but what I can do is give you something that’s even better.
The Chicken Caesar Sandwich is an innovative take on the Chicken Caesar Salad. Now, instead of a bowl full of greens and little bits and pieces of chicken, you get a beautiful sandwich with thick, creamy Caesar dressing to boot.
Not only is this sandwich incredibly easy to make and pack on the go, but it’s an excellent source of protein, fibres and minerals, too! It’s perfect for a healthy post-workout meal, or a midnight snack when you wake up hungry and too tired to make anything complicated.
The Chicken Caesar sandwich is also very versatile, as all sandwiches tend to be. You can top it off with any type of fruit or vegetable you’d like.
Here’s a quick and easy Chicken Caesar Sandwich recipe for you to follow:
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and sliced into thin strips
- Romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- Tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 thick slices of rustic bread, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Whisk all the Caesar spread ingredients in a bowl. Gradually pour in the olive oil while whisking to create the creamy and thick texture. If you want your spread to be smooth without any chunky anchovy bits, you can opt to smash them in with the back of a fork.
- Toss in the chicken strips and parmesan into the bowl with your Caesar spread. Toss until they are fully coated in the sauce.
- Apply a thick coating of Caesar spread on the back of each slice of bread.
- Line some romaine lettuce onto the bread, and spoon the chicken strips and parmesan cheese on top. Top with additional lettuce or tomatoes.
- Best served hot. Enjoy!
Chicken Caesar Sandwich Recipe
There you have it, simple and healthy Chicken Caesar Sandwich! If you find it a hassle to get ingredients and make your own sandwich at home, order a well-prepped one with the foodpanda app today! The foodpanda app offers a variety of cuisines and delivers straight to your doorstep.
If you’re a real foodie that wants to be kept updated about the latest food-related news, subscribe to our website now!