Image Credit: papparich
This recipe for chicken chop – a great comfort food that will not only cure your blues but soothe your soul. This hearty and delicious dish typically consists of pan-fried chicken topped with black pepper sauce and served with fresh salad on the side. You can probably order this dish from most western restaurants or cafes. However, some prefer to fully enjoy their meals from the comfort of their own home. After all, as mentioned, chicken chop is the ultimate comfort food.
So, lo and behold a relatively simple recipe of chicken chop with ingredients you can easily find at your local grocer. Many people have the misconception that chicken chop is hard to make, but if you follow these steps below, you’re guaranteed a wholesome meal.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp brown sugar
Black Pepper Sauce:
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn-starch (mixed with 3 tbsp)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken marinade ingredients and mix well. Then, pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and massage over each chicken piece.
- Place the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
- After that, pan-fry the chicken over medium-high heat for about 2 – 4 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and add olive oil.
- Add in the garlic and onion and sauté for about 2 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the black pepper sauce mixture and turn up the heat to medium-high. Bring it to a simmer for about a minute to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Place each chicken piece on a serving plate and pour the sauce over each piece. Serve with a side salad or mash potatoes. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe for Chicken Chop, be sure to check out the Asian version of this comfort food. Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.