Image Credit: kimbasliving
The Chicken Mee Sua Soup is a wheat vermicelli soup that serves as excellent comfort food. This dish is a popular Chinese cuisine, and just like chicken rice porridge, it is quick and easy to prepare and can be eaten at any time of the day. For a more added flavour, you can substitute the anchovies with some ground pork.
This dish mainly features the Chinese wheat vermicelli that is a thin variety of salted noodles. The noodles are widely available at any grocery stores that carry Asian food. The total time taken to make the dish is about 20 minutes with minimal ingredients you could probably find at the back of your kitchen cabinet.
A Recipe to Soothe the Soul: Chicken Mee Sua Soup
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 Bundles of Mee Sua
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 6 Cups of Water
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 Pieces of Green Onions
- 6 Stalks of Baby Bok Choy
- ½ Cup of Dried Anchovie
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Start preparing for the dish by rinsing and soaking the dried anchovies for about 10 minutes. Then, drain the water with a siever.
- Place a medium-sized pot over a stove. Turn up the heat and pour some vegetable oil into the pot. Proceed to add the anchovies and proceed to fry the anchovies for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add garlic and let it fry for one minute. Pour some water into the pot and bring it to a boil. Season with some salt and pepper according to taste.
- Turn the heat down to allow the soup to simmer for about 5 minutes. Break the eggs and then proceed to lightly beat the yolks with a pair of chopsticks or a fork.
- Proceed to add some bok choy and mee sua and then let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Once everything has cooked through, turn off the heat and add the ingredients into 4 bowls.
- Lastly, garnish the green onions and a couple of drops of sesame oil. The dish is best served hot. Enjoy!
Want to try out the Chicken Mee Sua Soup but lazy to cook? Order now on foodpanda!