Recipe: Chicken Valdostano
Image Credit: James
When we talk about Italian cuisine, everyone will think about pasta. Let’s try another well-known Italian dish, which is chicken Valdostano, or, as the Italian called it, Pollo Alla Valdostano. This dish is a combination of white wine, Fontana cheese, and prosciutto.
Chicken Valdostano is easy to cook. You are spending a little of your time on fancy meal worth your time and tummy. Easy to make and so yummy! One is never enough. The best chicken fillet served in Italy. Here is a recipe for making a chicken Valdostano:
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6 chicken breast
- 1//4 cup unsalted butter
- 10 fresh mushroom (sliced)
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 6 thin slice prosciutto (on your choice)
- 6 slices fontina cheese (on your choice)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat.
- Coat the chicken lightly in all purposed flour and sauté in the skillet until lightly brownish about 2 minutes each side. Remove and put the chicken fillet on an empty plate.
- Put mushroom in the skillet and sauté until juices are rendered or for 4 minutes over low heat.
- Add wine and let simmer until ¼ dry or for 3-4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Then, add chicken stock, parsley and pepper. Let it simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Remove the mushroom sauce in an empty bowl.
- Top the chicken fillet with a slice of prosciutto and fontina cheese. (Fontina cheese is known as the best cheese in Italy)
- Put the chicken fillet back in the skillet and cook until the cheese melts.
- Let stand the dish for 1 to 2 minutes before serving the chicken fillet in plate and top with mushroom sauce.
Now, a delightful chicken fillet is at your service. With this easy step, you can cook yourself a zinger burger. Visit foodpanda to know more about various recipes.
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.