A culinary phenomenon of the late 1800s, beef steaks would be served in saloons, taverns, even cellars, where men would gather to binge drink, feast and share stories. Through the increasing popularity, the beef strip steak has become a classic recipe that one typically indulges in fancy restaurants or even at home!
If you’re pondering on the perfect meal for date night, then this classic beef steak is one is sure to steal the limelight! The classic strip steak is a popular cut of beef that requires little more than some simple seasonings to cook up quickly for an easy and mouth-watering dinner.
Just season and cook it with a little butter, which enhances the richness and keeps the beef moist. Without further ado, here is a great recipe on classic beef strip steak!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 350g New York strip steaks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp cracked coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic, onion, coriander, chilli flakes and sugar.
- Brush strip steaks with a thin coating of butter. Season with 1 heaping teaspoon seasoning per steak; and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Grill or pan sear steaks to the desired doneness. Allow steaks to rest 5 minutes tented with foil before serving.
A simple, yet delicious dish is ready to be served! You can also check out these recipes to pair with your beef steak – spaghetti yumeina or heart sugar cookies.
However, if you want to save the hassle of preparing your own dish, remember you can always order via foodpanda and have your meal delivered right to your doorstep.