Coconut Creamy Chicken Soup, also known as Tom Kha soup, is a Thai-flavoured chicken soup made with coconut milk and chicken broth that is infused with Thai herbs and fresh lime juice. It is rich and creamy, at the same time tangy and salty. This Thai Coconut Chicken soup is light, but bursting with flavours. So, it goes perfectly well with any Thai noodles too! This Recipe: Coconut Creamy Chicken Soup will have you to star-gaze with the burst of flavours in your mouth leaving your taste buds mind-blown!
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 red jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- 3 quarter-inch slices ginger
- 1 lemongrass stalk (pounded and sliced)
- 2 teaspoons red Thai curry paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups canned coconut cream
- 2 medium chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 8 oz. white mushroom caps (sliced)
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 green onions (sliced thinly)
- fresh cilantro (chopped for garnish)
- Firstly, in a medium-sized pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Once the pot is heated, add the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and red curry paste and stir fry until the onions soften.
- Then, add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Later, reduce heat and let it simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Next, strain out the onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Put in coconut cream, chicken breast, and mushrooms. Simmer until chicken breast pieces are fully cooked, then add fish sauce, coconut sugar, and lime juice.
- Lastly, cook for 2 minutes, then ladle into serving bowls and top with sliced green onions and fresh cilantro.
Lo and behold, your very own coconut creamy chicken soup is ready to be served! Although this Recipe: Coconut Creamy Chicken Soup takes a little more work, we assure you the worthiness of putting effort in making this dish for yourself on a relaxing weekend. If you find making your own dish a hassle, all you need to do is, order from foodpanda and have your meal delivered to you!