Fresh, vibrant and delicious – this coleslaw recipe is one of the easiest to make and enjoy from the comfort of your own home. It serves as a perfect last-minute side to go with your meals as it only takes only 10 minutes to prepare and serve.
What’s more, is that this recipe is totally flexible! You have the choice of adding and omitting the ingredients of this dish to suit your preferences. For a contrast of colours and vibrancy, today’s recipe includes carrots, a green and red cabbage – the most basic ingredients in coleslaw. However, you can also add in dried cranberries, apples, sliced almonds, poppy seeds or even bleu cheese. The choices are endless.
For a simpler alternative, you can buy coleslaw mix from your local grocers, but in case you want that extra flexibility in taste, here is the recipe for coleslaw from scratch.
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 medium green cabbage
- 1 medium red cabbage
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp celery seed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and remove the core. Then, thinly slice the cabbage and cut across so the cabbage pieces, if necessary. Place the shredded cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
- Grate the carrots on a box grater and toss it in with the cabbage.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, celery seed, salt and black pepper. Mix well until the mixture is creamy and adjust the seasoning according to taste.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the coleslaw and toss to coat evenly. Enjoy!
If you liked this coleslaw, be sure to check out this Fish and Chips recipe. These two dishes are the best combination. Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right at your doorstep.