Does the feeling of nostalgia or excitement come into your mind when you’re about to eat some chewy and chocolatey cookies? Well, rejoice as Foodpanda has finally released a fairly easy recipe on chocolate chip cookies that will put a smile on your face with every bite!
Some pro tips would be to use brown sugar instead of light sugar as the moisture in the brown sugar gives the cookies an extra soft and chewy texture. Another tip would be to allow the cookie dough to chill in the refrigerator before baking. This would result in thicker cookies! You can even leave the dough in the refrigerator overnight.
Ingredients (16 large cookies):
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp corn-starch
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips/chocolate chunks
- Dry ingredients: Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Wet ingredients: Start by whisking together the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until no more lumps remain.
- Whisk in the egg and egg yolk. Then, add in the vanilla extract and whisk all the ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix with a rubber spatula. Gently mix until all the ingredients are well combined, and the dough achieves a thick and even consistency.
- Add in the chocolate chips and combine. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or overnight (optional).
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and let it cool under room temperature for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 163⁰C. Meanwhile, lay the baking trays with parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to scoop up the dough and arrange them on the baking tray. Arrange about 6 – 8 doughs on each baking tray, depending on the size.
- Bake the cookies for about 13 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer them to a serving place. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out other delicious cookie recipes, such as Foodpanda’s Valentine’s Heart Sugar Cookies and even delicious Christmas Cookies recipe. However, if you’re not one to bake, why not get some desserts from foodpanda instead! The foodpanda app offers a large selection of dessert restaurants for you to choose from and delivers everything straight to your doorstep.