We do love a good burger from time to time. If you’re having some friends over or just craving a juicy and succulent burger, then this recipe is for you! Instead of going for the usual chicken, beef or pork burger, why not try a delicious wild boar burger?
Wild boar tastes like a cross between pork and beef. It has its own unique kind of flavour and savouriness. Therefore, we have prepared a delicious Cortla wild boar burger recipe for you to enjoy during lunch or dinner.
- Wild boar patty:
- 500g minced wild boar shoulder or belly
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 shallots (finely chop)
- 4 burger buns
- olive oil
- 50 g Colston Bassett Stilton blue cheese
- 30 g salad leaves
- Patty: Divide the minced meat into 4 pieces with your hands.
- Roll each piece into a ball and flatten the meat into a patty with the size slightly larger than the burger buns.
- Pop the patties into the fridge and allow it to chill for 30 minutes.
- Sauce: Start by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the burger buns in half. Warm them in the oven for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the patties out from the fridge and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Pan-fry the patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through.
- Burger: Spread the sauce on the bottom half of the bun, and layer on with the patty, followed by a piece of blue cheese. Finish with salad leaves and top with the other half of the bun. Enjoy!
There you have it – a great recipe on Cortla Wild Boar Burger!