Curry Udon is a standard noodle dish that can be found at just any udon shop in Japan. However, this is not the case for creamy curry udon, a dish consisting of the usual curry udon, but topped with a thick layer of whipped cream.
Although throwing whipped cream into a bowl of curry udon does not sound like a desirable combination, as it turns out, this dessert-looking dish is even considered as one of the trendiest food in Seoul, Korea.
This dish may be hard to come by here in our country, but not if you make it yourself at home! Follow our recipe below for a bowl of fresh creamy curry udon.
Ingredients (3 servings):
- 1/2 Onion
- 150g Pork
- 100g ready-made curry roux block
- 150ml Milk
- 3 tbsp Fresh cream
- 700ml – 750ml water
- 2 tsp potato starch
- 3 packs udon noodles
- 1 dash Green onion or scallion
- 1 dash Fresh cream (as decoration)
- Oil (according to own preference)
- Slice the onion thinly and cut the pork into bite-sized pieces. Stir fry both in a little oil over medium heat.
- When it’s cooked through, add water and milk.
- When it comes to a boil, add the curry roux until it dissolves. Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Lower the heat, add potato starch and stir until it dissolves. Turn off heat.
- In another pan, bring some water to a boil and cook the udon noodles according to the packet’s instructions.
- Put the cooked udon noodles in a serving bowl and pour the sauce over it. Top with some finely chopped green onion and a little fresh cream to finish. Enjoy!
However, if you find it a hassle to prepare your own dish at home, you can search for various Japanese dishes on foodpanda, and have it delivered to you with just a few clicks!