Recipe: Crispy Duck Breast
The Crispy Duck Breast features the duck that has been marinated with flavourful ingredients, then baked in an oven. Quite different from its roasted counterpart, the Cantonese Roasted Chicken, this dish has a crispy texture with a mouthwatering golden-brown appearance.
The ingredients for the marinade are simple as it is made with hoisin sauce, cooking wine, garlic, ginger and five-spice. The ingredients give a nice fragrance to the dish and it allows the meat to be tender.
Not in a cooking mood? Order the Crispy Duck Breast on foodpanda!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 Pieces of Duck Breast
- ½ tsp of Salt
- For the Marinade
- ¼ Cup of Hoisin Sauce
- ½ tsp of Five Spice Powder
- 1 Thumb of Sliced Ginger
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped)
- Start making the dish by mixing all of the marinade ingredients in a small food processor and then chop the ingredients until it has a runny paste consistency. Pour the paste into a baking dish.
- After rinsing the duck, pat the duck dry with paper towels. Then, place the duck in the tray with the marinade with the skin side up. Proceed to sprinkle some salt onto the surface of the duck. Let the duck marinate in room temperature for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Another option would be to leave it uncovered in the fridge for more hours to overnight. If left in the fridge, ensure that it is in room temperature for at least 20 minutes before cooking.
- Let the oven preheat for about 218 degrees Celsius. Before cooking the duck, pat the duck dry with paper towels. Proceed to score the skin of the duck in a diamond pattern.
- The duck should be cooked in two batches. First, place the breast in a skillet with the skin-side down. Cook the duck over medium heat and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Ensure that the skin is cooked until it turns golden brown for about 10 minutes. Turn the duck every 3 to 4 minutes and then transfer the duck to a plate.
- In a pan, arrange the duck pieces with the skin-side down and then place it in an oven to bake for about 8 minutes. Flip the skin and then bake for another 6 to 8 minutes. The skin should turn to a dark brown colour. Place the duck onto a big plate, with the skin-side up and then set it aside for 10 minutes.
- The dish is ready to be served! The dish is best served hot with steamed rice as a side dish.
Hungry for some duck dishes? Order now using foodpanda and get it delivered without any hassle!
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.