With cafes booming all around the country, we’ve been having French toasts, or waffles, while drinking a cup of beautifully crafted latte. But that does not imply we have forgotten about the simpler times where we had simple, yet fulfilling Hainan toast at our local coffee shops. It once was, and actually still is the staple for breakfast in Malaysia. Today, we will be teaching you how to make the Recipe crunchy sugar Hainan toast, our favourite snack when we were very young (still are)! Just remember to get the thick, fluffy and soft Hainan bread from your local coffee shops, then you’re good to go!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 slices Hainan bread
- 200 g soften salted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Slice each bread into 3 equal pieces and let them sit on a cutting board or plate to let them dry for 10 minutes. Distribute them separately, not overlap each other so it would dry evenly.
- Put sugar into long container or plate. Spread some butter thinly on one side of the bread and dip the buttered side down on the sugar, press them a little gently to let the sugar coat them evenly. Put them on the baking tray, with sugared part on top.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Bake them for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- When they’re ready. You can eat them right away or store in an airtight container up for a few days.
There you have it! The Recipe Crunchy Sugar Hainan Toast that will satisfy your craving, and make you reminisce about the good old days. If you love toasted sandwiches, you can try out these toasty warm and filling sandwiches perfect for brunch in KL.
If you want to save the hassle of preparing your own snacks, order from foodpanda and have them delivered right to you!