Curry is one of the best comfort food that one could ask for, and when combined with soft tender beef, it becomes a delicious dish! Imagine deliciously glossy and intense curry with perfectly tender beef, yummy!
This recipe of Curry Beef Rice can easily satisfy one’s soul and tummy no matter what time of the day. Just follow step by step to prepare a mouth-watering Curry Beef Rice.
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large potato (cut into a ½-inch dice)
- 450 g ground beef
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 350ml beef broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup peas
- In a wok, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent and just slightly caramelized. Add the potatoes. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, and cook the beef until browned. Next, add curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, black pepper, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Make a corn starch slurry by mixing the beef broth with 1 tbsp of corn starch. Add it to the beef mixture and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes until the entire mixture has thickened.
- Add the peas. Let the entire mixture simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Spoon over a bed of rice to serve. Enjoy!
There you have it – the recipe to a home cooked Curry Beef Rice to share with your loved ones! If you find this recipe useful, subscribe to foodpanda magazine for more recipes of different cuisines!