Traditional pot pie is a comforting dish to have on a cold day. The crispy crust and delicious chicken curry inside really make the pie delightful. Such a healthy and hearty dinner to enjoy with your family. You can serve with tendered broccoli and potato.
Here’s a recipe of the making of chicken curry pie:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (chunked)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crush)
- Parsley (chopped)
- 50 g of butter
- 50 g of flour
- Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp of curry paste
- 1/22 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 150 ml of double cream
- Pie dough (rolled)
- Melted butter
- Using a large pot, put chicken, sliced onion, chunked carrot, garlic together. Pour water into the pot to simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Turn the chicken if it’s necessary.
- After 1 hour the chicken should be tender or you can check by pulling the chicken leg, if still not tender you can keep cooking. put aside the tender chicken and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken meat and don’t include bones and fat. Pour the chicken stock and separate all the substance you include in first steep from the chicken stock. Measure about 500ml.
- Empty the stockpot, and use it again. (you don’t have to wash the pot). Add butter in the pan until it melts. Then drizzle oil and put chopped onion and carrot into the pot. Cook until the carrot is soft or about 8-10 minutes.
- Slowly mix the turmeric, flour, crumbled stock cube, and curry paste. Keep stirring even the ingredients clump together.
- Carefully, a ladleful of the chicken stock one by one. Stir until the ingredients mix well and smooth. Continue until used up all 500ml chicken stock. Your sauce is ready.
- Now, put shredded chicken, cream and chopped parsley in the sauce. Season well the mixed sauce and keep out from the
- Preheat the oven to 1180 degrees. Put rolled pie dough in an oven-proof bowl, transfer the chicken sauce inside the bowl, again use pie dough to cover the top and filling. Lastly, brush melted butter on top of the pie dough and put it inside the oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is crisp. Your chicken curry pie is ready to serve.
Enjoy your hot chicken pie while scrolling more interesting recipes at foodpanda. Spending more time on cooking will be worth it with more simple and great dish.