This recipe of dried shrimp serves as a great side dish any time of the day. You can have it as a side to a bowl of steamed rice for lunch or just as a snack. What’s more, is that dried shrimps are high in calcium if you eat the shells along with the meat.
This recipe below is one of the simplest yet delicious recipes of sautéed dried shrimp. It will only take about 10 minutes to cook, with ingredients you can find at your local Asian market. A tip would be to keep stirring to ensure the shrimps are cooked evenly and avoid burning.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 150g dried pink shrimp
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Sauce: In a bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients until it is fully combined, and the sugar dissolves.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Make sure the oil is hot before adding the shrimp to the pan and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium and sprinkle the sugar (evenly) on the shrimp and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and pour in to the pan. Mix the shrimp and the sauce and cook for the 3 minutes.
- Add in the rice syrup into the shrimp mixture. Then, turn the heat up to medium and fry for the last 2 minutes, or until the shrimps have browned.
If you liked this recipe for dried shrimp, check out our other seafood recipes on the foodpanda magazine. Discover more food options and order some snacks or drinks using foodpanda! Just a few clicks and food will be right to your doorstep.