Image Credit: curiocity
If you think Duck Confit Ramen is just another flavour of ramen then you’re in for a big surprise. This isn’t just another ramen. The duck confit added to the recipe makes you feel like you’re dining at a fancy restaurant.
It’s a 3-part recipe, but it is definitely worth the work put in.
- 4 ounces of fresh ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 ounces of shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ounce of bok choy, chopped
- 2 ounces of takana, chopped (Japanese giant red mustard)
- 1 ounce of chopped green onions
- 1soft-boiled egg
- Sesame seeds
- 2 duck leg quarters
- 10 ounces of rendered duck fat
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ounce of fresh thyme
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 ounce of black peppercorns
- 20 ounces of vegetable oil
- Duck bones and 2 ounces of rendered duck fat
- 1 pound of chicken bones
- 8 scallion bulbs
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 ounce of ginger, sliced
- 2 ounces of mushroom stems
- Salt and pepper
- To make the duck confit, heat the oven to 200°C. Rub the duck leg with kosher salt and put it into a tray along with the bay leaves, duck fat, thyme, garlic peppercorn and vegetable. Cover the pan and let it roast until the meat falls off the bone for about 3 hours.
- To prepare the duck broth, Fill a pot with 2/3 of water and boil both the duck bones and chicken bones for about 20 minutes. Clean the bones clear of blood and add it into another pot filled with scallion, garlic, ginger and mushroom. Let it simmer for about 4 hours. Add in salt and pepper as you please and make sure to add in water if the pot becomes too dry.
- To prepare the ramen, heat oil in a pan and cook the previously prepared duck confit. Make sure it is shredded and crispy on one side. Set aside.
- Clean the pan and add sesame oil to cook the shiitake and takana for about 4 – 5 minutes. Add in the duck broth and let it simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook the ramen in boiling water for about 60 seconds before rinsing.
- To serve, add ramen into the bowl and fill it up with the previously prepared duck broth. Garnish with the duck confit, bok choy and green onions.
- Lastly, add the soft egg on top of the bowl and enjoy your bowl of perfection!
Running out of time to prepare this dish? Order it now from foodpanda and get it delivered to you!