Surprise your family dinner with this delicious duck noodle soup recipe! Nothing is more wholesome than enjoying a bowl of fresh noodles with flavourful broth. Although this recipe may take you about an hour to prepare and cook, I promise you that your effort won’t be in vain. The broth is boiled with the duck bones, and the taste of it is top-notch. So, give it a shot!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 whole Chinese-style roast duck
- 3 litres water
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3-4 pieces of ginger, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions, cut into 1cm long slices
- 2 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 5-6 pickled mustard leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 300grams flat rice stick noodles
- 2 cups beansprouts
- 1 bunch choy sum, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 fresh long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup deep-fried shallots
- First, break the duck into joints, remove the skin and scrape off all fats. Then, cut them into 5mm thick strips. Make sure to remove all the meat from the bones and shred. Then, set aside.
- Later, place the bones and water in a stockpot and bring them to boil over high heat. After some time, reduce the heat to low temperature and allow it to simmer for 45 minutes or until the stock reduces by one-third.
- Meanwhile, using a non-stick frying pan place oil, garlic, ginger and spring onion over medium heat and cook until they turn golden. Then, add the Shaoxing and bring to a simmer to deglaze the pan. Immediately, remove from the heat and add the sesame oil.
- Then, strain the stock through a strainer discarding the bones and returning to the stockpot. Next, place the pot under medium heat and add the garlic mixture into it. Later, add the shiitakes, pickled mustard leaves and shredded duck meat and skin and bring to a boil. After that, cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the shiitakes, slice them and return to the broth.
- Pour the soup in a bowl of noodles with the duck meat and separately blanch the beansprouts and choy sum in a saucepan of boiling water. Then, add the cooked vegetables into the bowl. Top it with chilli and coriander. Garnish with spring onions and fried shallots.
- Ready to serve. Enjoy!
There you have it – a great recipe on duck noodle soup! This dish could be a little hassle to do, but it is worth your effort and time. Looking for more wholesome recipes to enjoy with your loved ones? Then check out our recipes on Dumpling Soup Noodle, Lotus Root Soup and Chicken Mee Sua Soup.
Also, if you are too busy to cook for yourself and family, you can always order food using the foodpanda app and get them delivered to you right at your doorstep.