Edamame is the Japanese name for immature soybeans and literally means “steam beans”. It is very popular in East Asian cuisines, and is salty and delicious, which is perfect for snacking. These soybeans are sweeter and have more umami due to the high concentrations of sucrose and amino acids before they are fully mature.
The perfect combination of sweet and salty, Edamame is high in nutrition and delicious to be eaten.
Here’s an Edamame recipe for the best way to prepare these delicious green treats.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 300 g edamame
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp salt (more for washing)
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil. Use 1 tbsp of salt per cup of water.
- Cut the stem at the end of the edamame pods off.
- Scrub edamame in salt and then rinse thoroughly to remove the fine hairs on the pods.
- Boil soybeans for 6-9 minutes, depending on how big they are. Start testing the edamame at around 6 minutes for doneness. They should easily pop out of the pods, without having the pods disintegrate.
- Drain the edamame and serve with an extra sprinkle of sea salt if needed. Enjoy!
There you have it, green delicious Japanese snacks to enjoy at the comfort of your own home!
However, if you find it a hassle to prepare your own dish, you can always order well-prepped snacks via foodpanda and have delivered to you in no time. Dine with foodpanda today!
Subscribe to foodpanda magazine today for more delicious recipes!