Fattoush salad, which originated from Lebanon is the quintessential salad found in most Lebanese restaurants. The dish is made with well-seasoned fried pita bread combined with seasonal vegetables and topped with Mediterranean dressing. The popularity of the dish has spread to the neighbouring countries of Lebanon and made it available to people globally.
The dish is usually served during dinner, with tabbouleh and hummus as an appetiser and dip, respectively. The dish is easy and simple to make, taking about 15 minutes to complete. Not only that, but the Fattoush salad is also low in calories and is highly nutritious as it mainly uses vegetables as its main ingredients.
Looking for a quick nutritional dish? Check out the Fattoush salad recipe below and make your own Fattoush salad!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 large pita bread (sliced into triangles)
- Kosher salt
- 1 large piece of Romaine lettuce (head)
- 3 pieces of Persian cucumbers (cut into quarters)
- 5 pieces of radishes (diced)
- ¼ cup of parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Cracked pepper (fresh)
- 1 large tomato (vine-ripened)
- ½ piece of large green pepper
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of pomegranate molasses or balsamic glaze
- ½ tsp of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of lemon zest (grated)
- ½ tsp of mint
- Cracked black pepper (fresh)
- In the skillet, heat it at medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Place the pita bread in the skillet and season it with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Allow the pita to fry for about 7 minutes until the pita is crispy and has a golden-brown colour. Set it aside once it has been cooked.
- Proceed to combine the salad dressing ingredients in a large bowl; lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, pomegranate molasses, lemon zest, minced garlic, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Stir well with a whisk until it has an emulsified look and is well-blended.
- Proceed to add some lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, green onions, radishes and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Proceed to toss the ingredients until it is thoroughly mixed and combined.
- Place the fried pita bread into the mixing bowl with the salad and gently toss again. Ensure that it is thoroughly mixed too.
- The dish is best served chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Order some main dishes and snacks using foodpanda! Relax and enjoy the new year with food delivered right to your doorstep.