Image Credit to: TGI Fridays
Want a flavour of seafood in the American / Mediterranean fashion? Then the Manhattan Fish Market has just the menu for you. Choose from delicious Fish and Chips to Garlic Lemon Mussels and Red Hot Whole Fish – they all cooked irresistibly warm on skillets and metal shelves.
One of the most mouth-watering dishes that can fill your hungry needs is Fishermen’s platter. It is such a delicious dish to enjoy during the weekend, reliving your childhood memories. And I guarantee that it is going to be the best fishermen’s platter you’ve ever had in years!
Instead of having a barbecue with your group of friends together, why don’t you create a delightful old-fashioned fishermen’s dish for everyone?And we are sure the fantastic Fishermen’s Platter (Manhattan Fish Market) – version of this dish will spark your taste buds.
Ingredients (2 servings):
(Marinade the following in a large bowl)
- 1 pound (1 Package) frozen flounder fillets
- 3 cup (48 tbs) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 peppercorns
- 4 (use a few) celery tops
- 1 onion slice
- 1 lemon slice
- 4 tablespoon (use ½ Stick) butter/margarine
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package) frozen mixed vegetable package
- Thaw the fillets and gently separate them.
- Mix water, salt, peppercorns, celery covers, onion and lemon slices in a big frying pan and let them cook.
- Put the fillets in the pan, then cook them gently about 7 minutes or until they flake. Then take them off and let them warm.
- Allow the fish liquid to boil, promptly cook until it is lowered to 2 cups and sieve it into 2 cup measure.
- In the same frying pan, mix butter (or margarine), add flour, then repeatedly stir and cook until bubbly.
- Add 2 cups of fish liquid, stir and cook rapidly until sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
- Shut off the heat, stir in lemon juice and a drop of yellow food colouring, if preferred.
- Spoon little cooked vegetables on a warm, flat serving platter, overlap with the fish fillet, then add the remainder of the vegetables on the fish.
- Spoon over the sauce and immediately serve with the rest of the sauce.