Recipe: Galbi BBQ
Grill some of the best-marinated Galbi, Korean BBQ short ribs for your next beach event!
- 800 grams of Korean short ribs
- 7 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- 3 ½ tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of grated apple
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated onion
- 1 ½ tablespoons of minced garlic
- Soak the short ribs in cold water for about an hour before cooking. This step is to make sure it gets rid of the blood. Change the water each time that it releases any blood or floating fat.
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. If you have a blender, you can speed up the process.
- After an hour, take a kitchen paper or cloth to pat the meat dry.
- Place the ribs on your cutting board and cut the meat just above the bone. Cut a long strip of meat. The bone would still be attached.
- Put it inside a container. Pour the sauce you have made in step 2 and mix them all together with a spoon. Close the seal.
- Set the meat aside to marinate for about 3 to 4 hours in the refrigerator. For best results, leave it overnight to soak in all the flavours and juices. Flip the meat over a few times during the process.
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes before you start cooking.
- On a BBQ Grill, cook the meat and flip it over to make sure both sides are cooked. Garnish it with finely chopped green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
- Serve it with some lettuce, perilla leaves, and ssamjang sauce. You can also add some rice and a few side dishes.
- You can find Korean BBQ short ribs at your nearest grocery store, but if you are unavailable to find one near you, normal short ribs will do.
- If you do not have a grill, you can broil your galbi in the oven. First, preheat the oven. Place the meat on a broiling pan on the top rack of your oven. Broil the ribs until they are caramelised which takes around 5 to 6 minutes. Flip it over and let it cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure to watch over it to make sure it is not burned.
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Protein: 32 grams
Fat: 72 grams