The Christmas season is fast approaching. In many households, the holiday season is synonymous with indulging in delectable feasts, each dish rich in heritage and nostalgia. These are recipes passed down through generations. Gathering around the table for a meal over the festive season brings families together.
Join us as we unwrap the magic of Christmas through the lens of culinary delight. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is a perfect addition to your holiday repertoire, promising to elevate your festive gatherings to new heights. We explore a new twist to the traditional potato dish.
- 1.5kg baby potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
Garlic and herb butter
- 100g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Season with salt. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Set aside in a colander to cool.
- For the garlic and herb butter, place the butter, garlic, lemon rind, parsley and 2 tbsp chives in a bowl. Season. Stir to combine.
- Divide the potatoes among the prepared trays. Use the palm of your hand to squash slightly. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with parmesan. Season. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Top potatoes with butter mixture. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp chives.
This Garlic and Herb Butter Smashed Potatoes recipe will definitely elevate your potato game to new heights.The crispiness of the golden-brown exteriors, coupled with the rich and aromatic infusion of garlic and herb butter is *chef’s kiss*. This side dish is comforting yet exquisite and will leave your guests wanting more. A winner for a potato dinner.
Don’t waste time getting into the hassle of buying these from a store. Enjoy the holidays at home and let pandamart deliver all the ingredients that you’ll need for this yummy dish, all within 30 minutes. Order now.
This recipe was shared by Taste.com.au