Out of all the Thai cuisines- and there are many- we think we like green curry the best. Why? Well, we’re glad you asked. The spicy and creamy mix that’s densely packed with chicken and fresh vegetables are perfect any time of the day. And what’s better is that this dish pairs so well with rice. Thus, we decided to prepare a recipe for Green Curry Chicken Soup just for you!
This recipe for Green Curry Chicken Soup will have you plating out the best curry you’ll ever make.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 8 oz chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 oz. bamboo shoot
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, lightly bruised
- 2 red chillies, cut into thick strips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or palm sugar
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- Firstly, in a pot over medium heat, pour in the oil and sauté the green curry paste instil aromatic.
- Then, add the chicken and stir well. Make sure all the chicken pieces are covered with the paste. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring it to a boil.
- Next, add in the bamboo shoots, lime leaves and red chillies. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot. Wait for 10 minutes or until the curry thickens slightly.
- Lastly, add the fish sauce, sugar and basil leaves. Serve immediately.
We think this dish is best served over a plate of steaming Jasmine rice. You’ll be in for an aromatic adventure! There you have it – a simple recipe for Green Curry Chicken Soup. If you want to, you could make your own green curry paste!
If you’re too hungry to step into the kitchen and cook, then head on over to the foodpanda app and have your favourite meals delivered to you! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to foodpanda Magazine for daily updates on food!