There’s nothing better in this world than a bowl of steaming hot fried rice. If you’re looking for a way to mix up your usual fried rice game, why not give this heamul bokguembap (seafood fried rice) a try. Here is the Recipe Haemul Bokgeumbap.
- 6 large shrimp, shelled, deveined, rinsed, and pat-dry
- 6 large sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 4 to 6 cleaned littleneck clams
- 12 cleaned mussels
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2½ cups white fluffy rice (made with 1 cup rice)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (home toasted sesame seeds)
- Firstly, season cleaned shrimps and scallops with salt and black paper. Next, add the potato starch and mix well.
- Then, add the vegetable oil to a heated pan and sauté garlic, onion, and green onion until fragrant and slightly brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, on high heat, add the shrimp and scallops one by one and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes until the bottoms turn light golden brown. Turn them over and let the other side brown as well. Transfer cooked seafood onto a plate.
- Next, lower the heat to medium on the same pan and add mussels and a ¼ cup water. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the mussels are open. This may take around 3 to 4 minutes. Once open, remove from heat.
- Once the clams and mussels have cooled down, split the shells and discard the empty half-shell.
- Then again, with the same pan on medium heat, add in sautéed garlic mixture, gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste), and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Once homogenous, stir in rice.
- Later, reduce the heat to a low flame and arrange cooked seafood on top of the rice. Cover the lid and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Lastly, remove from heat and serve with a drizzle of sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds.
This Recipe Haemul Bokgeumbap is super easy right! For spice lovers out there, you could add in a little wasabi that’s bound to make this simple but satisfying dish tastier. Be sure to use fresh seafood to ramp up the flavour profile of your recipe heamul bokgeumbap.
On the other hand, if you’re too lazy to go on a hunt for fresh seafood, head on over to the foodpanda app and get your hands on a nice hot bowl of fried rice delivered to your doorstep.