You might not be going to the Hawaiian island anytime soon, but that does not mean you can’t bring the tropical flavours to the kitchen right to your own home. The Recipe: Hawaiian Grilled Chicken is a delicious dish that would bring your taste bud to the island, not only that, it is also easy to prepare.
One of the simplest chicken dish you can make, you probably have the ingredients you need to make already on hand. The key to this dish is the marinate process. The Hawaiian-inspired marinate bring bold flavours to the chicken flesh, bursting with flavours even from the first bite.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1.5kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Place chicken thighs in a shallow dish or in a gallon-size ziploc bag.
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic until the brown sugar is dissolved. Pour half of the marinade over the chicken in the bag so the chicken is evenly coated. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade until the chicken is ready to be grilled.
- Preheat grill to medium or medium-high.
- Bring the refrigerated reserved marinade to a simmer in a small saucepan on the stove. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the marinated chicken on the preheated grill and cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F at the thickest part, about 7-8 minutes per side. During the last 3-4 minutes of cooking, baste the chicken with the simmered sauce/marinade.
- Serve the cooked chicken with the warm marinade. Enjoy!
There you have it, simple and easy, yet delicious Recipe: Hawaiian Grilled Chicken ready to be devoured! However, if you find it a hassle to prepare your own dish, you can always make your order via foodpanda and have your meal delivered right to your doorstep.