Are you planning to have some friends over for a high tea, but not sure what to serve to your guests? Why not give this heavenly scones recipe a try?
Heavenly scones, originated from the Ireland and Britain areas, are fluffy, buttery quick pieces of bread that are irresistible! These scones go perfectly well with a pot of hot tea on a lovely afternoon. They will leave your guests wanting for more!
Not only that, but they are also easy to make if you follow our recipe.
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 egg
- Clotted cream (optional)
- Strawberry jam (optional)
- Preheat the oven up to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Prepare a large bowl and sift the baking powder, salt and flour into it. Using a pastry blender or by rubbing in between your fingers, cut in the butter. Then, mix in the sugar together.
- Then, put in a 1/2 cup of milk and sour cream into a measuring cup and mix them. Once done, pour it in the dry ingredients from the previous step. Carefully mix it until it is blended well.
- Put some flour on your hands. With your floured hands, slice the dough into 8 parts, flatten it lightly and put it onto a greased baking sheet.
- Whip an egg and 1 tablespoon of milk together in a bowl. Then, brush the tops of the scones with the egg wash made. Leave them to rest for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, bake the scones in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. And the scones are now ready to be served to your guest!
Heavenly Scones Recipe
Voila! There you have it folks, a quick recipe for the most heavenly scones. On a side note, the best part about scones is that you can add on anything to it such as clotted cream, strawberry jam or even bacon!
If you do not want to go through the hassle of preparing them, you can also discover more food and snacks on foodpanda! Just click on whatever you want, and the food will be delivered right at your doorstep.