Recipe: Herbal Tea
Herbal Tea is a type of beverage made from decoction of herbs, spices or other plant material in hot water. Thus, they aren’t actually teas, but an infusion of herbs and spices in water. Different kind of herbs are known to serve different purposes, but most herbs that are used to make herbal tea are believed to be beneficial to the human body.
For instance, ingredients like ginger, mint, pepper and cinnamon are known to help human land a strong upper cut against illness of any kind. A cup of gentle chamomile tea is known to help ease anxiety and put one to sleep, while peppermint tea acts as an antidote to stomach ailments.
Today, we will be teaching you how to make a few Herbal Teas that are beneficial for your health, and would definitely spice up your day as well. Without further ado, let’s jump into this recipe for Herbal Tea!
Lemon and Pepper Tea
*detoxing your systems
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- Place the pepper and turmeric in the cup
- Pour over boiling water.
- Stir in the lemon juice and honey, and you’re sorted!
* rekindle your immunity and battle evil germs
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Put basil leaves into a saucepan with one and a quarter cup of water.
- Bring to a boil. Then bring down the flame to low for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a cup, then add honey and lemon juice and stir.
*good for an upset tummy
- 10 mint leave
- 1 sprig rosemary
- A squeeze lemon, optional
- Set a pan of water to boil. While waiting, tear the mint leaves into a cup.
- Plop the rosemary in the pan.
- Once boiled, pour the water on the mint and let it sit for ten minutes.
- Add a splash of lemon. Enjoy!
There you have it, a Herbal Tea recipe that would help to keep your body healthy! However, if you find it a hassle to prepare your own beverage, you can always order well-prepped ones from foodpanda, and have it delivered right to your doorstep.
You can check out more recipes on foodpanda Magazine. Don’t forget to subscribe so you won’t miss out on any updates!
Article Written By Mico Hu
Mico is a professional creative writer in Foodpanda. She writes about travel, fashion, and food. Also, she enjoy travelling to new places and also eating delicious food.